Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Bull Ride to Remember

So last year...I think it was actually Halloween...we were down in San Luis, MX, where my in-laws live. They have a cotton fair at that time (they think Halloween is eeevil in Mexico, some people...not everybody) with the usual fair stuff; rides, entertainment, booths, etc. We didn't get on any of the rides becuase we had a sleeping-Kathryn with us, but we did do a few things. Refugio did some rifle games, we watched a guy painted gold pretend to be a statue, we saw the three legged chicken, the hairless dog, the really cheesy spider lady, and then...we rode the bull. I'd never riden on a mechanical bull before, but Refugio had. We decided to do it even though we only saw children doing it. Here are the videos...and I would like to say that I stayed on the bull about 20sec. longer than the video shows, Refugio just couldn't get his act together with the video recording. And although my dismount looks as though I'm throwing myself off it really felt like it was going much faster than it looks like on the video. Anyway, Refugio and I enjoy watching these videos so hopefully you will too.


3 comments:

Autumn said...

Ok, I'm dying. Makes me want to give it a try. We are finally settled down--would love to see you. I'll email you my contact info.

Marcelina Moreno said...

I just wanted to say congrats on everything that's happened in the last year....sure wish we could have seen some of it.

Loves Marcey

Seth and Caroline said...

SARAH! looks like you aren't blogging much these days, but in the off chance you read this comment - I live in Yuma now! as in right next to San Luis, MX! Would love love love to see you on your way in or out of the country next time. (this is mexico lit. caroline - of the allison and janel persuasion) email me: carolinesherryatgmaildotcom